Sealion '40 Gold
It was the summer of 1940. The Germans had already marched across France in a spectacular victory. Now the Wehrmacht faced Britain, with only the English Channel between them.
The British Army had been rescued by the miracle at Dunkirk but, as a result of abandoning much of its equipment in France, was a poorly equipped, disorganized force, backed up by untried reserves along with some under trained Canadian and ANZAC units. The Germans facing them were the juggernaut that had won victory after stunning victory, were full of confidence, and had a proven panzer arm—lacked experience in amphibious operations.
Sealion '40 explores "what if" the RAF had been beaten in the Battle of Britain and events had transpired to create conditions where Hitler might have launched Operation Sealion - the invasion of Great Britain
- A total of 25 scenarios are included ranging from small 10 turns actions covering a snapshot of the action to the monster 378 turn full campaign game.
- The September Sealion CG is based on historical German plans while the July CG with Strategy Operations is less historical but makes for a great play with a lot of variations in the CG and with that replayablity.
Game features include:
- Game scale is 1 hex = 1 km, 1 turn = 2 hours, with battalion and company size units.
- Order-of-Battle and Scenario Editors which allow players to customize the game.
- Sub-map feature allows the main map to be "chopped" up into smaller segments for custom scenario creation.
- Multiple play options including play against the computer AI, Play by E-mail (PBEM), LAN & Internet "live" play, and two player hot seat.
New Gold features include:
- An additional 24 new scenarios. All are from the Ed ‘Volcano Man’ William’s Alternate mod making 49 in total. These include both historical and hypothetical scenarios.
- All new game graphics including terrain, in game counters and 2D & 3D units as well as the toolbar icons.
- All new sounds.
- Game enhancements include revised disruption movement and reinforcement ‘place all’ function from the First World War Campaign series.
Here are some files from the game:
- Scenario Design: Glenn Saunders and Dave Blackburn
- Initial Research and Development: Wig Graves
- Playtesters: Panzergruppe Saunders
- Gold Release: David Freer with Wargame Design Studio
System RequirementsWindows Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store